DYMO LabelWriter Comparisons: 450 vs. 450 Turbo vs. 450 Duo
If you run a business, send out a lot of mail or packages, or simply need to organize your files and boxes, a label maker is a must-have for you. A label maker adds professionalism to your outgoing mail (handwritten addresses and labels never look good!) and makes your mailing and filing tasks easier and more organized.
We chose to review and compare DYMO’s LabelWriter label printers since they’re the most popular and best rated, they’re great because:
- They print mailing postage, addresses, bar codes, price tags, logos, graphics and more.
- They’re quite fast with the ability to print 51 to 71 labels per minute.
- No need for ink, ever! DYMO’s LabelWriter use thermal printing technology, so you’re never required to buy additional ink.
- They connect to your PC or Mac, directly to any software you use (Word, Outlook, Mac Addresses, QuickBooks… etc.) and it also comes with its own labeling software.
Comparisons In This Post:
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 vs. 450 Turbo
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo vs. Duo
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 vs. Brother QL-700
- Video Reviews
Features of DYMO LabelWriter 450 and 450 Turbo:
- Prints address, shipping, file folder and barcode labels, name badges and more
- Prints on easy-peel, split-back D1 tape (1/4-, 3/8-, or 1/2-inch sizes).
- Uses thermal printing without ink.
- Compatible with PC and Mac.
- Ready to print using popular software like Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks and more.
- Use DYMO Stamps software to print USPS-approved postage directly from your desktop for free with no monthly fees.
What Is The Difference Between DYMO LabelWriter 450 vs. 450 Turbo?
There are two main differences between LabelWriter 450 and 450 Turbo:
- Speed: LabelWriter 450 prints up to 51 labels per minute. 450 Turbo prints up to 71 labels per minute.
- Software: 450 Turbo includes DYMO Stamps Software which allows you to print free USPS-approved postage.
Other than that, they print the same type of labels, same sizes and uses the same Thermal technology for printing.
Features of DYMO LabelWriter 450 Duo:
- Prints up to 71 labels per minute.
- Prints address, shipping, file folder and barcode labels, name badges and more.
- Prints on paper or easy-peel, split-back D1 tape (1/4-, 3/8-, or 1/2-inch sizes).
- Dual roll capability, you can add two rolls of the same or difference sizes.
- Prints 1D plastic waterproof labels.
- Uses thermal technology for printing, no ink required.
- Compatible with PC or Mac.
- Prints directly from popular software like Word, Excel, Outlook and more.
- Includes DYMO Stamps software to print USPS-approved postage directly from your desktop
What Is The Difference Between LabelWriter 450 Duo vs. 450 and 450 Turbo?
The biggest difference the LabelWriter 450 Duo has is:
- It has the ability to print on two rolls at the same time, either the same size or two different sizes.
- It can print on plastic waterproof labels.
Other than these two features, it is similar to the LabelWriter 450 Turbo in speed and software.
What Is The Difference Between DYMO 450 LabelWriter vs. Brother QL-700?
- Brother’s label printer QL-700 has many great features that makes it comparable to the DYMO 450 LabelWriter:
- Fast printing, up to 93 labels per minute.
- Prints labels for packages, envelopes, file folders, discs, banners, postage, and more.
- Automatic cutter provides precise cuts for a single or multiple label printing.
- Thermal printing, no ink required.
- PC and Mac compatible.
- Prints from most popular software like Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and more.
- Label collection software saves you time by providing you with a collection of pre-designed labels
What’s The Difference?
The Brother QL-700 makes a better choice than the DYMO LabelWriter 450, it is:
- Faster, with up to 93 labels per minute vs. 51 for the DYMO 450.
- Label collection from Brother allows you to print a variety of labels and banners. The DYMO 450 doesn’t include any extra software to additional printing options.
However, the Brother QL-700 does NOT compare to the other DYMO LabelWriters, Turbo and Duo. Although it does print more prints per minute, Turbo and Duo allow you to print USPS-approved postage, Dual labels and waterproof labels (on the Duo model).
DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo Review:
Brother QL-700 Review:
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking SuperHomeOffice.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.