Epson Perfection Scanner Comparison: V600 vs. V800 vs. CanoScan 9000F
In this post:
- Difference Between Epson Perfection V600 vs. V800
- Difference Between Epson Perfection V600 vs. Canon CanoScan9000F
- Video Reviews
Features of Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner:
- Scans slides, negatives and medium panoramic films.
- Create enlargements from films, 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17″ x 22″.
- Quickly and easily remove appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos.
- Also removes scratches and dust from film.
- Restores faded color photos with one touch.
- Converts scanned documents to editable text.
- Four customizable buttons to instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDF.
- Included with the scanner: Transparency Unit (built into lid), 35mm, mounted slides, and 6×22 cm Medium-format Film Holders.
- ReadyScan LED light source for fast scans at low energy consumption.
Features of Epson Perfection V800 Photo Scanner:
- Scan photos with precise color and details, at 6400 dpi.
- Dual lens scanning system automatically chooses from two lenses for the best results based on the media you’re scanning.
- Scan slides, negatives, medium and large format films.
- Batch scanning for scanning multiple slides.
- Automatic removable of dust and scratches from films.
- 4.0 Dmax for smooth gradations and fine shadow detail.
- Includes: 8″ x 10″ transparency unit (built into lid), Four film holders: 35mm negatives, 35mm slides, 6 x 20cm and 4″ x 5″ and Film Area Guide.
What Is The Difference Between Epson Perfection V600 and V800?
The biggest difference between the V600 and V800 is actually the purpose of the scanners:
- The V600 is a photo scanner as well as a document scanner. It has the ability to scan slides and negatives and restore them. It also has the features for scanning documents, converting them to editable text, PDFs and automatic Scan to Email.
- The V800 is a scanner specially for photo restoration. It has upgraded photo scanning and restoration features, ability to scan all sizes of film, including large ones, and it has an exclusive Dual Lens system for ensuring you get extraordinary results every time.
Which one of these should you choose? Of course it depends on your need for the scanner:
The V600 is the affordable of the two, and it does more tasks than the V800. However, the V800 is superior in what it does, and that is photo restoration.
If you simply need a do-it-all scanning unit, the V600 makes a great choice for an amazing price.
If what you need is to restore and archive old photos, negatives or slides, the V800 was made just for that. With its Dual lens and batching feature, you’ll be able to scan and restore photos faster and more professionally.
Epson Perfection V600 vs. Canon CanoScan 9000F, What’s The Difference?
The Canon CanoScan 9000F can scan photos as well as documents, much like the Epson V600. Here are features of the Canon CanoScan 9000F:
- Scans photos, negatives and slides up to 9600 x 9600 dpi.
- Automatic, built-in retouching and enhancements removes dust and scratches and corrects colors.
- Auto scan mode can automatically detect what your scanning and adjusts accordingly.
- Document scanning with PDF conversion and scan to Email features.
- Includes: Film holders for: 35mm film and mounted slides & 6 x 22 cm medium-format film
What Is The Difference?
We can’t really spot much difference between these two scanners. The CanoScan 9000F has a higher dpi, while the Epson V600 seems to have a practical feature that turns scanned documents into editable text files (if this is useful to you, at all). However, the Epson V600 seems to be a much more popular choice with over a thousand positive reviews.
Unboxing of Epson Perfection V600:
How to Scan a Film with Epson Perfection V800:
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking SuperHomeOffice.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.