Epson WorkForce ES-400 vs. ES-500W vs. Fujitsu iX500, Which Is Best To Buy?
When it comes to scanners, the Fujitsu iX500 ScanSnap has been the best selling product on our site. But we’ve seen an increasing interest in Epson’s WorkForce scanners as well. So we’ve decided it’s time to put them side by side for an overview and comparison, which is what we’ll do in this post.
Let’s start with the features of Epson WorkForce Scanners, which are available in two models: ES-400 and ES-500W.
Features of Epson WorkForce ES-400:
- Scan up to 35 pages per minute at 70ipm. Scanner captures both sides of a document in one pass.
- Auto Document Feeder holds up to 50 documents for easy scanning of stacks of paper.
- Accommodates different document sizes like business cards, full papers, extra long papers, IDs and more.
- Turn scanned papers into searchable and editable documents. Scan to editable Word or Excel files, and save as searchable PDF files.
- Store your scanned documents in cloud storage services like Dropbox, Sharepoint, Google Drive, Evernote and more.
- Compatible with PC and Mac.
- USB 3.0 connectivity.
Epson ES-400 vs. ES-500W, What’s The Difference?
Epson ES-500W is identical to the ES-400 scanner except for one difference:
The ES-500W features USB as well as wireless connectivity. It connects to your WiFi and allows you to instantly scan and send documents to your PC, Mac, Tablet or smartphone wirelessly. This, of course, is in addition to the online storage services it can send your documents to. Other that wireless connectivity, it has all the same features as the ES-400.
Fujitsu iX500 vs. Epson ES-500W, What’s The Difference?
The Fujitsu iX500 is more comparable to the Epson ES-500W, as both are able to send documents wirelessly. But what are the difference in features?
- The Epson ES-500W is actually faster. It can scan 35 PPM while the Fujitsu scans at 25 PPM speed. Both scanners do two-side scanning at one pass.
Auto Paper Feeder:
- The feeder on both scanners holds up to 50 documents.
- Both scanners can scan different size documents including 4A, long documents, receipts, business and ID cards.
So far, the only difference we can spot is the increased speed of Epson’s ES-500W over the Fujitsu iX500. The other thing to consider is the software of each scanner, which affects how you deal with your documents in a big way.
Both the Epson ES-500W and Fujitsu iX500 have software that allows you to edit and scale your documents either in size, shape or color. Also, you can convert your documents into editable and searchable documents. Both scanners also allow you to connect to almost any kind of document management software without compatibility issues. So these scanners are pretty neck-to-neck when it comes to features.
Which One To Choose?
The fact that these scanners are quite comparable makes choosing one over the other a hard task. But to make your job easier, here are a couple of thoughts:
- If speed makes a difference to you, then going with the faster Epson ES-500W would make sense.
- Check the prices for each scanner. Although at the time of writing this post, there’s only a slight difference in price, checking the price at the time of your purchase will help you make a better decision.
- Also, the size of each scanner might make a difference to you if you have limited space. So comparing dimensions might be helpful to your choice.
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking SuperHomeOffice.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.