Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 vs. iX500 Deluxe vs. NeatDesk, What Is The Difference?
If you scan and require access to a lot of documentations on your daily work life, then you need a scanner than can handle the job quickly and efficiently to not slow you down. The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 is just that. Not only is it quick to scan, it also gives you access to your documents everywhere: your computer, smartphone or cloud service, so you never lose an important note.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the ScanSnap iX500, and we’ll compare it to the iX500 Deluxe as well as the NeatDesk scanner.
Features of the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500:
- Scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac as well as iOS and Android devices.
- 50 sheets Automatic Document Feeder.
- 25ppm color scanning.
- Two sided scanning.
- USB connection also available.
- One-button editable PDF file generation.
- Directly uploads to many cloud services like Dropbox, Google Docs, Evernote and more.
What’s The Difference Between ScanSnap iX500 and iX500 Deluxe?
When it comes to features, both the iX500 and iX500 Deluxe are identical. The difference is in the software. The Deluxe includes Rack2Filer Smart software (for Windows users only), this software takes your document organization to the next level by giving you virtual cabinets and binders that allow you to sort your documents. It also helps you easily search through the documents by keywords or phrases, highlight text, magnify, attach sticky notes and more.
Depending on what you’re going to use the scanner for, the Rack2Filer software could make all the difference. If your objective of buying a scanner is document organization and not simply once-off scanning, then you need this bundled software which you’ll be getting at great value.
Fujitsu iX500 vs. NeatDesk, What’s The Difference?
- NeatDesk is another popular document scanner and digital filing system. It has some cool features, too:
- Input tray can hold documents, receipts, and cards.
- Can scan up to 24 papers per minute.
- Can scan up to 50 documents at the same time.
- One button PDF file creation.
- Neat Software organizes your scanned documents, makes them searchable.
- Documents can be backed up to NeatCloud service, 30 days FREE trial is included with your purchase.
While NeatDesk scans documents as fast as the ScanSnap, it still lacks many of its features:
- The ScanSnap does a lot of its work wirelessly: wireless scanning and uploading, and you also have the option to connect via USB. NeatDesk has to be connected to a computer.
- ScanSnap will upload your documents wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet via its own app, or you can upload to your choice of cloud service. On the other hand, NeatDesk backs up your documents to their own cloud service, NeatCloud, which isn’t free, but you do get a free trial.
So, to sum it up, wireless operation, the software as well as the freedom to pick where you want to upload your documents is what makes the difference between the Fujitsu iX500 and NeatDesk.
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking SuperHomeOffice.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.