We’ve already features a number of great office chairs that provide excellent back support. But many people still find it hard to get that perfect support for their backs. For that reason, we’ve decided to feature office chairs that provide adjustable lumbar support, that way, you can customize the back of your chair to make it fit for your own sitting position.
Top Rated Chairs With Adjustable Lumbar Support:
- Fully padded executive chair with soft bond leather upholstery.
- Adjustable lumbar support: a dial on the side of the chair allows you to adjust the lumbar support provided.
- Adjustable height and reclining.
- Height can be adjusted between 17″ and 20″.
- Tilt and tilt tension control.
- Supports weight up to 250 lbs.
- Available in black or brown leather.
Serta 44186 Back in Motion Health and Wellness Mid-Back Office Chair:
- Features active lumbar support that pivots with your movement for continuous support and to promote spinal movement.
- Deep layered body pillows give you a highly comfortable seating experience.
- Height adjustable padded armrests.
- Posture correcting tilt technology: tilts your pelvis forward when you lean to keep your back in a positive neutral position.
- Covered in smooth eco-friendly bonded leather.
Benefits Of Using a Laptop Stand:
- You might wonder why would anyone use a stand while they’ve already got their laptops set up on their desks. There are many benefits of using a stand, actually:
- Elevating your laptop to your eye level allows you to set in a better position, and therefor, protecting your back from hunching down.
- If you have a professional set up that includes a number of monitors along with your laptop, a stand will give you extra desk space.
- A stand allows your laptop’s airflow to circulate better, therefore, enhancing its performance.
What Makes a Great Laptop Stand:
- Sturdy Construction: You don’t want to put your laptop on something flimsy only to have it fall and break. Choosing an aluminum material is highly recommended over plastic stands.
- Height and Viewing Angle: Make sure that height the stand provides will give you a comfortable viewing angle.
- Grips: The stand must have silicone grips to keep the laptop securely in place.
- Airflow: The stand should have an open design that allows the laptop to release heat.
Best Rated Laptop Stands For Desks:
Belkin Loft Laptop Stand:
- Loft stand by Belkin features elevates your laptop to the optimal viewing angle.
- Holds laptops 11″ to 17″
- Rubber grips keep your laptop securely in place.
- Cable management in the back keep your desk clutter-free.
- Aluminum construction.
mStand Laptop Stand:
- A solid single-piece aluminum construction for maximum stability.
- Tilt design brings the laptop to the best viewing angle possible and improves airflow.
- Features a cable organizer at the back.
- Silicone grips provide extra security to hold the laptop and prevent any possible scratching.
Pwr+® FlexTop Portable Folding Stand:
- A multi-angle laptop stand suitable for laptops up to 15″.
- Foldable and height-adjustable.
- Auto-locking joints with 360 degree rotation.
- Available in different colors and optional fans.
You’ve seen the TaoTronics Elune listed in our best LED desk lamps post. Currently, this lamp is the best selling on Amazon and it’s customers’ favorite. But if you’ve done some research, you’ve probably come across a few other lamps that seem to be quite similar, if not the same as this one. One of those would be the Lampat LED Desk Lamp. We’ve seen the question get asked many times, is there a difference between the two? That’s what we’re about to answer in this post.
Before we do that, let’s start with highlighting the features of both lamps:
- 4 lighting modes: work, reading, sleep and relaxation.
- 5 levels of brightness for further customization.
- Gives you natural light that does not strain your eyes.
- Angle of the lamp can be easily adjusted: 140-degrees, 40 degrees and 180-degrees.
- Features a USB port which allows you to charge your devices.
- 1-hour auto-off timer.
- Cost-effective LED light bulbs.
Is there a Difference Between the TaoTronics and Lampat LED Desk Lamps?
Short answer is no, there isn’t any difference between them when it comes to operation. Both lamps look identical in design and work exactly the same. The only difference we can spot is TaoTronic’s claim that they are officially licensed by Philips – if that makes a difference to you at all.
Both brands also have other variation of the same lamp which could be different in color or features less lighting modes/brightness levels.
Watch Video Reviews of the Lamps:
TaoTronics LED Lamp:
LAMPAT LED Lamp:
Sitting for long hours in an office does take its toll on your back, that is probably the number 1 issue facing everyone in the modern world. Which is why investing in a high quality office chair is a must. In this post, we bring you the best chairs that are designed in a way that offer maximum support for your back, making your long working hours more comfortable.
Our Best 3 Desk Chairs for Back Support:
Future Office Chair:
- fully-featured ergonomic chair.
- Pivoting arms, adjustable headrest.
- Adjustable lumbar support.
- Backrest hanger.
- Reclines at any angle.
The Future Office chair is constructed from durable steel covered in mesh for the back and seat to keep you cool, this only contributes to your overall comfort in a positive way. A waterfall style seat (bent) takes pressure off your thighs , while the adjustable lumbar support alleviate back pain. The armrests are adjustable in height and width, which ensure the best position for you personally.
Lift Highback Office Chair:
- Adjustable headrest.
- Dual-plane system that supports both the lumbar and shoulder regions
- Arms pivot in 6 directions.
- Adjustable seat depth.
- Pneumatic height adjustment
- Reclines at any angle.
- Maximum weight capacity: 330lbs.
The Lift chair can be personalized to your personal use to ensure maximum comfort. You’ll notice in its design that the back features dual planes, one to support your shoulders and the second for your lower back. Everything else, headrest, arms, height, all fully adjustable to your personal liking. The chair is also available in Mid-high back.
Pillow Office Chair:
- Unique back design gives you massage like experience all day.
- Leather cushioned rolls, padded leather seat.
- Adjustable height.
- Adjustable padded armrests.
Getting out of bed and heading to work won’t be as hard once you know you’ve got the Pillow Chair waiting for you at the office. The chair is so comfortable, it almost feels like another bed, or an oversized pillow! Whichever position you sit in, you know those rolls at the back support you all the way, from the shoulders down to your lower back.
We’ve talked about height adjustable desks and their benefit in maintaining a healthy work lifestyle. While these type of desks are the ultimate choice, unfortunately, they’re not affordable enough for everyone to buy them. What’s the best alternative? That would be a Stand Up Desk Converter, a unit which converts your existing desk into a height adjustable workstation, all for less than half the price!
Varidesk is one of the top rated height adjustable stand up desks out there. It features a great ergonomic design that takes your current desk to the next level:
- Work surface is adjustable up to 15.5″ high.
- Adjustable to 11 heights.
- Works with laptops and desktops.
- Holds up to 35 lbs.
- Work surface ranges from 30″ to 36″ in width.
- Changes positions in seconds.
Varidesk Single vs. Single Plus vs. Pro vs. Pro PLUS, What Is The Difference?
As you can see from the title, there are many Varidesk models available to accommodate different working styles. Here’s the difference between them:
- Varidesk Single and Single Plus are made for a single monitor. Works surface is 30″.
- Difference between Single and Single Plus is the additional Keyboard deck which lifts up with the monitor when you move it.
Varidesk Pro and Pro Plus:
- Both have dual monitor capacity with a 36″ work surface.
- Pro PLUS features a keyboard lift.
Overall, all VARIDESK units perform the same way and are constructed in the same durable and ergonomic design. The difference comes in the size as well as the keyboard lift accessory which is useful to many.
If you scan and require access to a lot of documentations on your daily work life, then you need a scanner than can handle the job quickly and efficiently to not slow you down. The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 is just that. Not only is it quick to scan, it also gives you access to your documents everywhere: your computer, smartphone or cloud service, so you never lose an important note.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the ScanSnap iX500, and we’ll compare it to the iX500 Deluxe as well as the NeatDesk scanner.
Features of the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500:
- Scan wirelessly to a PC or Mac as well as iOS and Android devices.
- 50 sheets Automatic Document Feeder.
- 25ppm color scanning.
- Two sided scanning.
- USB connection also available.
- One-button editable PDF file generation.
- Directly uploads to many cloud services like Dropbox, Google Docs, Evernote and more.
What’s The Difference Between ScanSnap iX500 and iX500 Deluxe?
When it comes to features, both the iX500 and iX500 Deluxe are identical. The difference is in the software. The Deluxe includes Rack2Filer Smart software (for Windows users only), this software takes your document organization to the next level by giving you virtual cabinets and binders that allow you to sort your documents. It also helps you easily search through the documents by keywords or phrases, highlight text, magnify, attach sticky notes and more.
Depending on what you’re going to use the scanner for, the Rack2Filer software could make all the difference. If your objective of buying a scanner is document organization and not simply once-off scanning, then you need this bundled software which you’ll be getting at great value.
Fujitsu iX500 vs. NeatDesk, What’s The Difference?
- NeatDesk is another popular document scanner and digital filing system. It has some cool features, too:
- Input tray can hold documents, receipts, and cards.
- Can scan up to 24 papers per minute.
- Can scan up to 50 documents at the same time.
- One button PDF file creation.
- Neat Software organizes your scanned documents, makes them searchable.
- Documents can be backed up to NeatCloud service, 30 days FREE trial is included with your purchase.
While NeatDesk scans documents as fast as the ScanSnap, it still lacks many of its features:
- The ScanSnap does a lot of its work wirelessly: wireless scanning and uploading, and you also have the option to connect via USB. NeatDesk has to be connected to a computer.
- ScanSnap will upload your documents wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet via its own app, or you can upload to your choice of cloud service. On the other hand, NeatDesk backs up your documents to their own cloud service, NeatCloud, which isn’t free, but you do get a free trial.
So, to sum it up, wireless operation, the software as well as the freedom to pick where you want to upload your documents is what makes the difference between the Fujitsu iX500 and NeatDesk.
Modern office furniture is a great style for a home office, but it usually comes with a not so nice price tag. This is not the case for these top modern desks that cost less than $200!
- White computer desk in glossy white with pull-out keyboard tray.
- X design legs in Chrome for a modern effect.
- Two drawers.
- Dimensions: 45.25 x 21.75 x 30.5
- Requires some assembly.
LexMod Panel Desk:
- Dual tone desk with wood grain pattern and white panel in the middle.
- Metal tube base with plastic foot pads for added stability.
- Three drawers.
- Dimensions: 23.5″L x 47″W x 30.5″H
Knack Desk in Cherry Wood by LexMod:
- Desk with built-in storage trays and pen holder.
- Wood grain panels as its back.
- White melamine top.
- White metal legs with padded foots to prevent scratching.
- Some assembly required.
- Dimensions: 23.5″L x 47″W x 29.5 – 42″H
Whether you need to make conference calls or simply want the convenience of hands-free calling, you need a great speakerphone in your home office. In this post, we’ll be comparing few of the best selling Bluetooth speakerphones available on the market: The Jabra SPEAK 510, Logitech P710e Speakerphone, Philips WeCall, Find out what makes them different and which is the best choice for you.
Jabra SPEAK 510 vs. Logitech P710e, What Is The Difference?
- Wireless Bluetooth speakerphones that you can connect to any Bluetooth enabled device.
- Also feature USB connection for PC/Mac connection. Can also be paired to computer via Bluetooth.
- HD sound quality.
- Can be used for music/media streaming.
- Include carrying case for easy use on the go.
There are a few features that the Logitech P710e has which the Jabra 510 doesn’t:
- integrated phone/tablet stand.
- can be paired with up to 8 devices at a time.
Which Should I Buy, The Logitech P710e or Jabra 510?
Both speakerphones are quite similar to each other when it comes to features, with a price different of around $10 or so. For that little in price upgrade, you get a concealed tablet/phone stand and multiple device connectivity, which is not bad at all.
What Is The Difference Between Jabra 510 and 510+?
In addition to all the features the Jabra 510 has, the 510+ features an intelligent microphone with 360-degree coverage so everyone in the room can participate with clear sound without worrying where the mic is directed.
Jabra 410 vs 510, What Is The Difference?
The Jabra 410 is NOT a wireless speaker. It does not have Bluetooth and only connects to a computer via USB.
Jabra 510 vs. Philips WeCall Bluetooth Speaker:
- Features 4 microphones for 360-degree sound pick up. It is similar to the Jabra 510+ in this feature.
- Connects via Bluetooth or USB.
- Can be used for playing music as well.
- WeCall smartphone app allows you to manage conference call numbers and enter access codes right from calendar.
The Philips WeCall is closer in function to the Jabra 510+ with its full mic capability. However, none of the speakerphones featured above are accompanied with a smartphone app, which can come quite handy.
Jabra 510 vs. Plantronics Calisto 620 Bluetooth Speaker:
- Call control across devices (PC or mobile phone).
- Connects to your computer via a USB adapter for Bluetooth connectivity.
- 360° full duplex audio and Bi-directional microphones.
- Battery meter displays remaining power on PC icon tray.
- Can be used to stream media and music.
The Calisto 620 is really close in features to the Jabra, however, according to many customer reviews, the audio quality is a bit questionable. For that reason, we’ll recommend the Jabra over it.
In this time and age where we have to spend lots of time studying, reading or working, eye strain is almost inevitable. Proper lighting is known to help a lot with preventing eyestrain, but which desk lamp is the right one for the job?
We’ve already shared a few great LED desk lamps for studying and reading, all of those are great options. But here are some more desk lamps that provide the most natural light that won’t strain your eyes.
How Do I Choose The Best Lamp For My Desk?
What you want to look for is:
- a slim design that won’t take much space of your desk.
- Since you will be using them for a periods of time (for work or studying), you’ll want something that is energy-saving. LED is the best option.
- You’ll want a lamp that is adjustable, either in position or in brightness. This makes it more suitable to different using situations.
What Makes a Lamp Great For Eyes?
To answer that, you need to understand what makes your eye strain easily. When a lamp offers uneven light, causes some shadows, or provides with light that is too bright or too low for what you’re doing, it causes your eye to strain. The best desk lamp should provide:
- Different lighting modes to fit the task you’re doing.
- Even lighting that does not flicker.
Here are two of the best selling lamps with eye-protection capabilities:
TaoTronics® Elune TT-DL01 Dimmable LED Desk Lamp:
- Dimmable LED desk lamp that reduces eye strain by providing uniform light without flickering or ghosting.
- Customize lighting to your liking with 4 adjustable temperature and brightness settings.
- Reading, Relaxing, Sleeping and Studying modes.
- Features a timer and USB port.
- Angle adjustment.
Saicoo® Natural Light 10W LED Eye-protection Multi-function Desk Lamp:
- Natural non-flickering lighting that is easy on the eyes.
- 3 temperature modes: cold light (studying), natural light (reading) and warm light (sleep/relaxation).
- 5 adjustable brightness settings in each mode.
- Angle adjustment.
The famous Eames lounge chair has always been a dream of many people. But due to its really high price tag (nearly $5000), not many people realize their dream of owning it. Lucky for us though, there is a less – way less – expensive option.
Ever since there was an Eames chair, there’s been replicas of it. We looked around and examined many, but have found one particular replica to be the best and highest rated among them all. It’s called the Eaze Lounge Chair by LexMod, leader of modern and luxurious furniture, which we’ve already featured in our post about the best modern lounge chairs.
The Real Eames Lounge Chair vs. Eaze Lounge Chair by LexMod:
As you can see from the picture above, and apart from the difference in material colors, the chairs are almost identical in design…
Features of the Eaze Lounge Chair:
- Real leather upholstery.
- Die-cast steel braces.
- Plywood frame, 7 ply laminated veneer.
- Swivel base.
- Ottoman included
This lounge chair is available in 4 color options:
- Black with palisander
- Black with dark walnut.
- White with palisander
- Brown with palisander
Should I Buy the LexMod Eaze Chair? Or Should I Save Up For The Real Thing?
This is something totally up to you. If you think you’ll be fine with spending over $4,000 on a lounge chair, then by all means! However, for the rest of us who can’t afford the real thing, the Eaze chair is a fantastic buy option for under $1000. You’ll actually find other replicas that are even less expensive than the EAZE by LexMod, but we’re not trying to find the cheapest chair here, but the best value for your money, and that’s what the Eaze provides.
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks