Securifi Almond vs. Securifi Almond 2015, What’s The Difference?
What Is Securifi Almond?
Securifi Almond is a multi-purpose touch screen device that you can operate as a primary router, a range extender, a wireless bridge or an access point. Thanks to its touch-screen interface, 95% of its existing customers were able to set it up in 3 minutes, without the need for a PC/Mac or a web browser.
Thanks to its advanced technology, you can access Securifi Almond remotely using your iOS or Android device. It can also be connected to smart devices around your home and it will send you notifications from these devices or sensors, giving you remote access to your devices and security options.
Each Almond ships with a random unique username and password, unlike other routers that have one standard username and password for their device, this takes security of your Almond router to the highest level because it means you have your own unique password and name right out of the box.
Securifi Almod was first introduced in 2012, and a new 2015 version has been released as well. In this post, we will look at the difference between the original release and the 2015 release of Securifi Almond.
In this post:
- Difference Between Securifi Almond vs. Almond 2015
- Best Sensors and Accessories for Almond 2015
- Unboxing Video.
Features of Securifi Almond (2012):
- Multi-purpose device: can be used as a router, range extender or wireless bridge.
- No need for PC/Mac or browser for setup or management.
- Access settings directly on the device using the touch-screen panel.
- Universal range extender, can be used with any existing router of any brand (Belkin, Netgear, Linksys…).
- Covers 2000 sq.ft
- 300Mbps MIMO, 2 antennas
- 2 LAN + 1 WAN Ports
- Power Supply: 5V, 1A
- Port Forwarding, Firewall, DMZ, UPnP
Features of the Securifi Almond 2015:
- 3-minute set up using the touch screen panel.
- Can be used as a primary router, range extender, wireless bridge and access point.
- It can also be used as a home automation hub, connect your smart home devices to Almond and control them all through the Almond app.
- Control your home sensors, thermostat, lights and all other smart home accessories, and receive activity notifications.
- Long range WiFi up to 3000 sq.ft.
- 802.11bgn (300Mbps)
- 2 LAN + 1 WAN + 1 USB
- Home Automation: ZigBee HA 1.2
- Port Forwarding, Firewall, DMZ, UPnP
- Free iOS & Android Apps & Browser UI
- Range: 50-150 ft. (Depends on Construction)
- Power Supply: 12V, 1A (Input:110 – 220V, 50-60Hz)
What Is The Difference Between Securifi Almond 2012 vs. 2015?
There are two major differences between the original Securifi Almond and Almond 2015:
- Almond 2015 has 30% better wireless range covering up to 3000 sq.ft. vs. Almond’s 2000 sq.ft.
- Almond 2015 is also a home automation hub. This means that if you have smart devices around your home (a connected thermostat, lights, door lock… etc.) you can connect all these devices to your Almond 2015 and control them all using the Almond app.
- And once you’ve connected all your smart devices, you’ll start receiving activity notifications through the Almond app (door open/closed, lights on/off….), this turns Almond into an excellent security device for your home.
- Almond 2015 is compatible with a range of sensors (available for purchase separately) that increases the security of your home.
Which One Should You Buy?
- When it comes to looks and size, both the Securifi Almond and Almond 2015 are identically the same.
- If all you need is faster WiFi, or to extend the range of your Wireless network, you’ll be quite happy with the Securifi Almond (2012). It has a quick and easy set up, however, remember that it covers 2000 sq.ft. in range.
- If you’re looking to cover larger range (3000 sq.ft.), increase your home security and enjoy home automation, the Securifi Almond 2015 is what you should go for, especially that the price difference isn’t big at all.
The Best Securifi Almond Sensors and Accessories:
Please only buy these if you’re going for the Securifi Almond 2015. The Almond 2015 can also work with sensors from other brands, but we’re listing the Securifi sensors here:
Securifi Motion Sensor: This sensor can detect any motion around the house. You can program it to automate another action when motion is detected, for example: when motion is detected, switch the light on for 10 minutes. It can be controlled remotely via the iOS/Android app or locally.
Securifi Key Fob: Works just like a car fob, with the Securifi key fob you can arm or disarm your home with a touch of a button. Click Arm when you’re away or Disarm when you’re home, and set up notifications to alert you of any unauthorized access. Two additional buttons allow you to program your own actions.
Securifi Door/Window Sensor: attach this to a door or window and set it up to automate an action. For example: Turn the light on when a door is opened.
Securifi Peanut Plug: Using this plug allows you to switch on/off your devices remotely using the Almond app. It also allows you to monitor and save on energy use. Works with any electric device including: TVs, gaming consoles, washer, dryer, hair dryer… etc.
Unboxing and Reviews of the Securifi Almond (2012):
- Computer Desks Under $200
- Computer Desks With Hutch/Storage
- Design Inspiration
- Height Adjustable Desks
- Home Office File Cabinets
- Home Office Gadgets and Tools
- Mesh Office Chairs
- Modern Office Furniture
- Office Chairs
- Office Chairs Under $200
- Office Lighting
- Office Lounge Chairs
- Space Saving Computer Desks
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking SuperHomeOffice.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.